perjantai 17. helmikuuta 2017

Train additions, new details & more

New on the layout

Yesterday I had a chance and inspiration to work on the layout for almost a whole day and therefore I managed to accomplish quite a lot. First of all, the fleet of trains has now grown to three as I welcome the M309 and M319 to the collection! I have owned these trains for a while, they've now been converted into 3-rail digital operation and yesterday I finally fitted the new road numbers for them as my decal-order came by mail.

However, I'm still not a 100% satisfied with the results since the white letter decals are only 2mm in height and the seller only provided one spare of each number, it was really a struggle to get all of them done correctly. I have now already ordered multiple replacements and am intending to replace some of the numbers that didn't end up pitch-perfect.

See the article on the new road numbers!

-----

I also worked on some new signals for the layout. I've been accumulating the N-scale Roco 20010 signals every time I've managed to find one and I now converted all five I had to resemble metro signals. Read more from the Making of -article I posted!

-----







Heart Cape and Flamewood Island -stations now
finally got the clock- and timetable displays above each platform. They indicate where the next train is terminating and how many minutes it will take for the train to arrive. These displays have been done from painted balsa wood, with self-made printings glued on top and tidied up with a permanent marker. Very simple and cost-effective. I also made some for the Hedgehog Avenue station that I will install later on.

-----


New on the website

- Added the Articles -section
- Added a "Making of" article about the signals
- Added another "Making of" article about the road numbers
- Pictures of the new trains have been added to the appropriate section
- Some more recent pictures have been added to some of the pages on the layout-section

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti