sunnuntai 26. maaliskuuta 2017

Introducing the Tka 4, along with some bus models!


New Rolling Stock

The Tka 4 work car is now finally finished! I have converted it from the Viessmann 2611 "Robel" that closely resembles the one found on the real metro, and can now say that I'm happy enough with the results.

The most obvious change is the paint scheme. The Tka 4 is fully yellow, so I had to paint the black parts in the original to yellow. This took a tremendous amount of work, much experimentation with enamel paints and although I still couldn't achieve a 100% smooth surface, I'm now fairly happy with the result. 

Image from www.raitio.org
Other new additions include a self-made exhaust pipe, new handrails (also self-made from scratch), decals, separating the front window and headlight panel into different parts with yellow borders and changing the location of ladders.
Some details of course still differ from the original but this modification is close enough to the "Tka 4" that I think the typical viewer accepts the minor differences, especially when considering the enormous amount of time saved by converting from a ready-made model instead of building from scratch.

Check out the video demonstration of the Tka 4!




The other thing that I finally did is that I took the necessary amount of time to go through the bus models, which I still were not happy with, and cleaned them up to a point that I can now finally consider them finished. Now I've set the standards for myself in how I want to convert the buses and what amount of detailing and quality is enough for me, and therefore I have now ordered three new models and will start working on them soon enough!




New on the website

- Updated the "Rolling Stock" and "Work Cars & Other Equipment" pages with pictures of the Tka 4.
- Updated the "Public Transport" page with pictures of the finished bus models


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti